Navy/Marine Phantom

All the new and coolest stuff that we're working on!

Would you be ok with an external Navy/Marine but with the same vc as now?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 60

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Navy/Marine Phantom

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:43 pm

We're considering doing a Navy/Marine external model but with no changes to the vc, landing gear other minor details.

It would be a S/J model and not the B/C/D.

JamesChams
Re: Navy/Marine Phantom

Post by JamesChams » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:31 am

Hi Colin,
Would it really be out of your capabilities to make two different VC's?
Besides we love your work and want plenty of authentic, accurate, and correctly done models; for which you will have our undying gratitude.

flyerkg

Post by flyerkg » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:16 am

Milviz products have always been excellent. Please don't change. Keep your individual products exclusive from others in order to deliver unmatched quality and accuracy.

HansRoaming

Post by HansRoaming » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:03 pm

How about an accurate add on much like PMDG do with their 737 etc.

You guys are up in that league and the F-4 OMG!

Zetarra

Post by Zetarra » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:39 am

I would be happy with just the external model done (and by the looks of it, so would many other people!) Would you consider doing the VC maybe after the original product has been released like in a SP?

James

Post by James » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:14 am

I love the total realism also but in this case I favor the Navy / Marine external look idea and to use the same VC cockpit so I just voted yes for it! Slamming onto a moving aircraft carrier was understood to be extremely difficult in the Phantom and I would love the challenge of it without much thought of the tiniest cockpit change details while doing that - Also the old white color paint schemes are really cool compared to today's paint everything gray way of doing things - For years it seems we have been waiting for the F-4 from A2A and after the recent hurting news about not seeing the F-104 that was planned to come out in front of their Phantom I think you are right on target with your own plans and greatly look forward to your Phantoms! Thanks for asking also!

ColoKent

Post by ColoKent » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:57 am

Truth be told, I'd love to see an RF-4E external model only... :D

But alas, getting just the F-4E is plenty good too...

Kent

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:02 am

What are the differences?

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:32 am

I have decided that, for the moment anyway, we will take the easy route and just do the nose of the S/J.

Sorry for the purists, but who knows? Perhaps we will one day take it all the way over.

miragecy

Post by miragecy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Krazycolin wrote:I have decided that, for the moment anyway, we will take the easy route and just do the nose of the S/J.

Sorry for the purists, but who knows? Perhaps we will one day take it all the way over.
Take my words... I bet you won't stop with just the nose... ;)

HansRoaming

Post by HansRoaming » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Would pay for the differences, much as have the F-104G & S from SimSkunkWorks.

gibo

Post by gibo » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:32 am

Same cockpit for me would be fine. A Tail Hook would be good though!

Cheers,

gibo

Busterbvi

Post by Busterbvi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:53 pm

I too would be OK with a Navy / Marine F4 with same VC (for now!) It really would be most excellent indeed if you did a Phantom "Package" to include the RAF & RN variants with Speys. A lot of extra work I know but I'm sure it would be worth it.
RAF Phantom.jpg
RAF Phantom.jpg (43.71 KiB) Viewed 11310 times

DISCODAN

Post by DISCODAN » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:50 pm

When you look at the cockpit of the British phantoms they have the noze of the Navy/Marines ones but with a cockpitsimilar to the Delta and Echo versions.

Disco

Busterbvi

Post by Busterbvi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:24 pm

The main difference between US and British Phantoms was of course the engines, avionics suite and undercarriage & tail hook on the Navy version for carrier ops.
As I understand it, the British version had a slightly wider fuselage to accommodate the RR Spey engines.

I am sure there were a few differences in the cockpits also. Personally, I would have no problem if these differences were not modeled on a Milviz RAF / RN version.
I appreciate how hard Milviz works to produce 100% authentic models but I feel a compromise would be OK in this case. A Navy / Marine version can be repainted in RAF & RN liveries and sound sets can be replaced.

Having said this however ! If Milviz were to bite the bullet and do them all authentically in a USAF/ Navy/ Marine/ RAF/ RN Phantom package, I would send the 3 wise kings with gold, frankincense and mur to praise Colin the chooser of planes and change his name to Brian !! :lol:

I don't mind paying a premium for the differences and I feel confident a full package would be a winner for you as the Phantom served with so many air forces worldwide.

Looking forward to whatever Milviz decide to do, credit card is ready !

Return to “Work In Progress”