PC-6 MSFS Spinner [Answered]

Your one stop shop for all of your Milviz aircraft repaints!
nicolas-gouat
PC-6 MSFS Spinner [Answered]

Post by nicolas-gouat » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:50 pm

Hi all,

This is my first post on these forums, so a Hello is in order !

I'm having trouble locating the file (or part of file) the propeller spinner is mapped to on the MSFS version of the PC-6. Does anyone know where I should repaint to cover up that chrome ?

I read in an old topic related to the FSX / P3D version of the MilViz PC-6 that the chrome effect was actually created by a 3D Model setting an thus not alterable with textures alone. Does anyone know if the same is true with the MSFS version ?

Thanks !

Slayer
Re: PC-6 MSFS Spinner

Post by Slayer » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:31 am

The chrome spinner is part of the model so unfortunately it can't be painted.

nicolas-gouat

Post by nicolas-gouat » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:41 pm

Any chance you might consider removing this hard coded chrome feature in a future update ?

Regards,

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:56 pm

It was discussed but the way chrome / PBR works is it's part of a model, not an actual painted texture so it's kind of an all or nothing scenario as I understand it. I don't think a decision has been made if there will be an alternate model or not yet but many other things are getting added to this product over it's lifetime so I wouldn't rule it out.

nicolas-gouat

Post by nicolas-gouat » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:13 am

Hello Slayer,

Thank you for your explanation. I must admit I haven't really looked into how PBR works yet

I think it would be great having the option to recolor the spinner if we like, or at least have a matte black alternative for those of us who prefer less shiny planes :D

Here's hoping it can be added to further updates.

Regards,

Return to “Aircraft Repaints”