Warthog throttle Pulls Right On Takeoff / F-15E

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)
Eagle Spirit
Warthog throttle Pulls Right On Takeoff / F-15E

Post by Eagle Spirit » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:40 am

I fly MSFSX Gold w/Acceleration / Win7, on a i7 4770, Nvid 780 vid card. I just re installed my "Warthog". During takeoff, on advancing the dual throttle, the F-15E pulls to the right. What do I need to do to correct this? (yes, left rudder helps some, but eventually lose control).

Update: Discovered that this is happening with all AC, including helos. (my apologies, as I couldn't find a hardware section)

Regards, Eagle

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: Warthog throttle Pulls Right On Takeoff / F-15E

Post by Krazycolin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:59 am

Uh... sounds like you need to calibrate your set...

Eagle Spirit

Post by Eagle Spirit » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:23 am

Thanks Colin, "UH", :lol:

I've done all I know to calibrate. I'm going to check slider setting, as it was set to center. I've been using the yoke/quadrant throttle. Starting to get some use of my rt. arm again, so thought using the Warthog Hotas throttle would be good therapy and speed up healing of the nerve damage.

Eagle

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:51 am

There is a bug in the weapons module we cannot fix. If you load a center fuel tank, it will put fuel into the wrong tank. You need to go into your FSX Payload manager and correct the imbalance.

Eagle Spirit

Post by Eagle Spirit » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Jonathan, you are the one true "bright spot" / "The Man" in the forum (Colin, try to follow his example),
However, I have no load configured.

I did remedy the issue.

I downloaded driver/firmware from ThrustMaster and installed them. That didn't fix the issue. I discovered that every time I advanced the Wart Hog throttle, the rudder peddles in the AC would move, thus causing erratic behavior on take off and in flight.

I was able to eliminate the problem by changing the controller setting (throttle) from advanced to simple, then deleted some rudder key assignments while under Hotas Throttle settings. Now I have smooth take offs.

The main reason I decided to hookup the Hotas throttle is because I fly one handed, do to a neck fracture. I feel that just moving the throttle forward / back and trying to use buttons/switches would be a good source of physical therapy, and more immersive/realistic. I have been flying with Warthog joystick, with Saitek throttle quad. within fingers reach. Works rather well. 8-) FSX in general, has been a source of therapy, in a sense, as it makes time seem to "fly" by during this long recovery. SO THANKS TO JONATHAN FOR HIS PATIENCE WHILE "SPOON FEEDING THIS COMPUTER IGNORANT NERD :?

Eagle

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Yep saw your post on SimOuthouse and realised there was a bit more to it than just the imbalance bug in this bird.

Eagle Spirit

Post by Eagle Spirit » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:38 pm

"JB",

Your thoughts?. PM me if preferred.

Eagle

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”