WSO removal for MP ONLY

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other F-15E pilots!
(No support requests please)

Removing WSO for MP

Removing all unseen polys behind the pilot for a drastic increase in FPS in MP ONLY
76%
leaving polys in and only a slight increase in FPS due to code optimization and removal of VC bump maps.
24%

Total votes: 17

Krazycolin
Site Admin
Re: WSO removal for MP ONLY

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:07 pm

I just want to make sure to everyone that, though it is our intent to "redo" parts of the jet, this should not be considered something that will happen anytime soon or that will happen without any cost associated with it.

JonBailey

Post by JonBailey » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Jonathan, and the rest of Milviz,

Jonathan, maybe I should give vUSAF another try, it was a real good group, and I remember the long transit flight we did from the east coast to England, it was fun!

I wanted to respond with another message and plea to keep the mulitplayer ability to be a WSO and share the cockpit if need be. I think, I might be way off base, but I would love to see milviz develop this ability to full extent possible, there are tons of great addon companies out there. And there is a another mudhen in development, if Milviz made the mudhen even better in the muliplayer area, including the ability to share the cockpit, it would distinguish them from everyone else out there, much like the Lotus L-39, which has a great shared cockpit. Milviz besides the great weapons, and systems, would bring the mudhen even closer to reality than any other model out there with ability to be a virtual WSO. And I think it would become one of the "must have" aircraft in the FSX military community. It would be the first addon to share the cockpit, and drop weapons. I know it takes a lot of coding work and time and effort do redo everything in C++ to make it happen, and maybe the lack of multiplayer users does not make good business sense to devote all the time effort to it. But you guys are doing a charlie model of the eagle, and it will appeal to all the single seat guys out there. Please leave the two seater,the ability to be a two-seater, and lets us virtual wanna be WSO's, the ability to blow stuff, while maverick in the front seat does their flying thing.

I would even like to help Jonathan do the coding in multiplayer if he needs it. I have done a few personal projects to show FSX's mulitplayer's ability, I understand C+, and simconnect pretty well, and would be willing to show anyone at milviz my work.

Please, Please leave the Mudhen a two-seater, and let us share the cockpit.

A avid Milviz Fan and Mudhen Fanatic

Jon Bailey

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:39 am

Please contact me at colin at milviz dot com. We'll talk some...

Thanks...

(Btw, it was never the intent to remove it from ALL cases... only those where people are having FPS issues in MP)

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:27 am

And let me add a little from my side....JB, any help/guidance would be extremely appreciated.

rphillips

Post by rphillips » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:25 am

First off Kudo's to Collin and the MilViz crew, I am thoroughly impressed with the bird with the current defects that are being addressed, in current state I would say the 15E is the best and cant wait to see it with the patch.

On the topic at hand, we at the VUSAF are moving to support FSX more and more and one advantage we contemplate expounding upon of FSX is the shared cockpit capability. At first we thought it would only benefit our heavy drivers however, initially I was overjoyed to see this 15E and its possibilities of including it as well but sadden to see it not quite there yet.

So as we (VUSAF) adopt aircraft crews in the near future, having a fully functional and share-able WSO station would be a big help to us... Heck, I am already been taunting our vUSN counterparts in a friend rival between the majestic eagle and their super "bug".

Keep up the good work!

Ken Stallings

Post by Ken Stallings » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 am

Thanks for the kind words, Robert. It is very interesting for me to see the passion that folks in your organization take the simming hobby. I agree that if the coding can be done (and such a project would be a long way off I would think) that having two people work together as pilot and WSO would be a very interesting situation indeed! It would really unlock a host of expanded capabilities.

One thing I think your group will like is that in addition to working on an Airbase and AI package, I am also working on a mission targeting package. It won't be like the reward missions in FSX. I am adopting a more realistic and spartan approach. Basically, what I am doing is giving you a list of mission folders where you have a mission frago order complete with targets and mission data. Then, you set up your mission in Free Flight, and you can copy and save pre-canned flightplans into your FSX flightplan folder and call them up.

Given that there will be a bit of work to load your target waypoints into your UFC (as lat/long) having a WSO working that part of the mission while the pilot performed the pre-flight and engine start duties would be a heck of a nice bit of coordination. Either way, the plan is for this mission target package to include actual ground targets based on historically accurate missions flown over the years in the real world F-15E. In every respect, I am putting the same degree of effort into these two packages based on my own Air Force flying career. So, I think you folks will really enjoy it.

Ken

rphillips

Post by rphillips » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:04 am

Ken Stallings wrote:Thanks for the kind words, Robert. It is very interesting for me to see the passion that folks in your organization take the simming hobby.
Thanks, the VUSAF is going on its thirteenth year of operation, we have been around since Dec 99 and started back then on SATCO with FS98 and the old Squawk box. Now we average 100-130 members and anywhere between 600 to 2500 hours a month of reported activity... Finally we are getting into a golden age of sorts with such fine products such as the MilViz Eagle, skies the limit!

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-15C & F-15E General Forum”