next big plane...

All the new and coolest stuff that we're working on!
Jettrader
Re: next big plane...

Post by Jettrader » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:49 am

oh yeah, a DC-8 is defenitely missing to the FSX world, but is also a very complex aircraft...

Fuchs

Post by Fuchs » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:20 pm

CV 990A, DC-10 or a DC-8 :mrgreen:

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:51 pm

There is only one catch with all these stunning beauty oldies....Animations. Especially on the engineer panel. With the 732 we ran well over the limit despite Bill swapping moving parts for moving textures on static parts where he could. And the 732 dont have no engineering panel....

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:07 am

On that note, just the overhead panel is 356 animations, and there are some things I simply could not do at all, but they are things that wouldn't really do anything except move and make a noise anyway... :shock:

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:51 am

N4GIX wrote:On that note, just the overhead panel is 356 animations, and there are some things I simply could not do at all, but they are things that wouldn't really do anything except move and make a noise anyway... :shock:
I think the question is, whether the average customer would care. If I see a plane with excellent dynamics and well
programmed and realistic systems, I would not bother animations (even though there are compfy to look at).
DC-8, DC-10 and the Convair would certainly be a treat :)

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:24 am

Err..The problem is the animations are vital to the systems. Stuff like switch positions and dials....Try counting the number of switches and needles on the engineering panel of a 707 or DC-8. I suppose some switches could be replaced with multi parts that get hidden depending on switch position...but that will also increase poly count considerably.

tfleck01

Post by tfleck01 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:23 am

60's plane with no engineer panel, hmm.

There is this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Piedm ... 8-1000.jpg

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Iran-Ase ... c0abc8e23e

Don't know what kind of demand there is or how well it would sell, but it would be awesome to me.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 am

tfleck01 wrote:60's plane with no engineer panel, hmm.

There is this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Piedm ... 8-1000.jpg
That's a cute little Fokker! 8-)

tfleck01

Post by tfleck01 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:09 pm

It is isn't it? I remember vaguely getting to ride on one from LaGuardia to Syracuse (I was about 5). All I really remember are the oval windows and that it seemed really, really loud.

I would like to see the plane done in FSX, I just don't know if there are enough people that would want it, that and (as far as Milviz is concerned) it would be a tough-sell to make a case for it being iconic. :) At least give it some consideration, being borne of the same generation with similar roles in mind, some of what was done for the 732 could potentially be re-used.

Globemaster

Post by Globemaster » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:56 pm

The flight sim community is truly lacking a quality C-17 simulation, the closest thing we can get at the moment is developed by Virtavia.
Which, unfortunately is not a "systems-intensive" aircraft. Of course there would be a lot of challenging systems that will take time to develop,
as in its fly-by-wire technologies as well as its unique avionics. It would be great to finally see a quality military airlifter out on the market.
Surely it would be a biblical aircraft to fly. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjWXZCzvYAc]

Another possible candidate could be a C-130J, you can fulfill the needs of a tactical airlifter and at the same time
address the need of an aerial refueler with the KC-130J. Captainsim already has a C-130 on the market, but not
a C-130J with appropriate cockpit, modern avionics, and flight management computers.

Finally, if you do desire to go with an older aircraft with an INS option installed, I have system manuals of the Carousel INS produced by Delco
including a systems reference data training aid, a comprehensive INS description for normal operations (focused on Pan Am 747's) as well as
maintenance instructions.**These are late 70's early 80's INS units** I'm sure you can find all this stuff on the internet but I would be happy
to create some digital copies if needed. The 747 classic would be neat, although hard to develop with the engineer panel, perhaps a VC-25, DC-8?

Regards,
Mark

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:03 pm

I believe there is some interest in the 130J....My time in the Milviz R&D labs has yielded some interesting never-before-seen tech that could go into it.

Globemaster

Post by Globemaster » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Its a very versatile aircraft, would be great to see it professionally simulated. A fully functioning loadmaster position in the aircraft would be very cool.
Allowing the user to adjust aircraft weight and balance on a laptop, using the wrong method to secure certain cargo could affect future maintenance issues and flight dynamics.
(as well as future standing with the crew chief :D )

Jhnsn1900d

Post by Jhnsn1900d » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:31 am

KC-135 for sure..and you don't have to have drogue pods for the the drogue.....you can attach a drogue to the "donkey dick"
you guys should do two models of the kc-135....the earlier E model and later R/T model! there hasn't been a payware kc-135 ever...you guys will be making history just cuz it will be the first payware 135 and I know you guys are going to knock it the realism out the park...specially if you make it multiplayer compatible....YOU CANT LOOSE!

JoHubb

Post by JoHubb » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:00 pm

JonathanBleeker wrote:And i have an obsession with old style INS over modern FMS/GPS...

So, what about a Vickers VC10? Or the Avro Vulcan bomber. Iconic and beautiful aircraft. The VC10 was, and still is, equipped with INS units. I don't know for sure about the Vulcan - but she must be too. Both types still flying

John

MatzeH84

Post by MatzeH84 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:15 pm

A VC10 would be absolutely amazing- but in the civil version ;)

Return to “Work In Progress”