F-15C & T-38C status

All the new and coolest stuff that we're working on!
agent_k
Re: F-15C & T-38C status

Post by agent_k » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:40 pm

After the F-104G Map/Consortium release, the SimSkunkWorks will work on a Tornado IDS :)

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:06 pm

So? We're not doing a Tornado without a manual. There is an IDS manual floating around but, it's REALLY old....

if we were to do one it would have to be a Gr.4.... But, again, we're not.

Racer

Post by Racer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:07 am

Very happy to see the T-38C taking shape!!

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Krazycolin wrote:There is an IDS manual floating around but, it's REALLY old....
Huh, when I was younger I wanted to fly them IDS Tornados. I still got a poster
of the prototype with signatures of the test pilots, nowadays they are looking
for an successor. :-D
Anyway, is that handbook floating around on the net? I couldn't find it.

Concerning the upcoming SALE... good job! I hope you'll sell some more.

Breadfan

Post by Breadfan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:21 am

While waiting for F-15C I would like to know what systems will be modelled in the cockpit apart from basic avionics (startup)?
What about radar and head down display to the left (forgot how it's called)?

Thanks.

P.S.
What are the chances Eagle-C being released untill the end of this year? (don't blame me for trying :mrgreen: )

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 am

nothing to be said here... wait and see...

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:31 am

There is much I would like to say given the amount of research i have been doing but if i promise something that turns out to be impossible Ill be in deeper doo than a microbe at the bottom of the sewage works.....

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:42 pm

In fact, just saying THAT is enough to get you in trouble... :)

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:06 pm

I think he meant before christmas? :shock: :mrgreen:

Breadfan

Post by Breadfan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:43 am

Krazycolin wrote:In fact, just saying THAT is enough to get you in trouble... :)
Well yeah ok..But with all the new sims about to be released, it seems to me, hope you won't get offended, that you aren't really trying to keep the customers interested. Being tight lipped as you are, doesn't really motivate me visit the forums as often as I used to. This is not intended to be "bashing" just my personal observation. First I had to "make you" post some screenshots and now you won't even answer a simple question..

I just hope I'll get an announcement on my email once the C is out, as I doubt I'd be visiting the forums as enthusiastically as I used to.

I do wish you though, best of luck and I'm looking forward to the Eagle C addon whenever it's released.

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:28 am

There are several reasons for being tightlipped....

1) the last time we were going to release an Eagle, we were torn apart by some who took offense that we were making one "like" a competitors... (even though we were patently first).

2) every time we let info out about what we're doing, we are giving our secrets away. No one does that... PMDG, A2A.... no one. Not us either.

3) if you don't visit the forums, what can I say? Not much I can do about that...

4) we released pics that were, sorry to say, quite old. The visual model has long been finished as is some of the code... that will be continued shortly...

5) on the subject of my rudeness... Others have said this about me and, well... sorry but I am not being rude. I am direct, open and honest. I also do not have lots of time. I have 14 planes and choppers to manage and a two year old to take care of... I also have to do the laundry and the dishes and blah blah blah...

Anyway... it will be done when it's done and, I can guarantee you this much... it will be really nice. Really REALLY nice.

thanks for your patience.

Breadfan

Post by Breadfan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:54 am

I wasn't implying that you were being rude, just not "marketing" friendly..there's a difference. :mrgreen:

Well, ok. then..off to hit the sack. :ugeek:

Krazycolin
Site Admin

Post by Krazycolin » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:06 am

Marketing isn't MV's business.. quality products and awesome support are.

I know this is wrong... but I am not a marketer... though I have looked high and low for someone to do just that...

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:16 am

One other thing is that I dont like screenshots going out of really incomplete work. Like graphical errors or blank displays and such....I prefer things to be whole. And we aint there yet.

ollifreund

Post by ollifreund » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 am

Kenan wrote: Well yeah ok..But with all the new sims about to be released, it seems to me, hope you won't get offended, that you aren't really trying to keep the customers interested. Being tight lipped as you are, doesn't really motivate me visit the forums as often as I used to. This is not intended to be "bashing" just my personal observation. First I had to "make you" post some screenshots and now you won't even answer a simple question..
I think the point is just that it is a whole bunch of work. The 3D, the flight model, the research, the handbook,
the paintjobs, the gauge coding, the testing&debugging. And then there are several aircraft announced, T38C, F15C,
737-200, F86 and who knows. This is where the Pareto-principle comes to play, 20% of the work take 80% of the time.
One the one hand we want all this now, on the other hand we complain if little things have been overseen, as we
want the "perfect" product. Half-baked products don't help, do they?
Good things will take a while, so I guess we'll have to be patient :-)

Return to “Work In Progress”