EDRM-Repaints on the PC6

flieger-marius
EDRM-Repaints on the PC6

Post by flieger-marius » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:01 pm

Hello there,
some might know me from avsim or other forums.
My name is Marius Krämer and I do a lot of general aviation repaints, which I publish at www.edrm-repaints.com.

That being said, here is my collection of PC6 repaints:

3G-EG
Download

updraft45
Re: EDRM-Repaints on the PC6

Post by updraft45 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Hi Marius

This is really great news!

I do admire all your amazing repaints across a wide range of products and read about your Pilatus Porter plans.
Downloaded your 3G-EG Austrian paint. Real Great!

The PC-6 is an aircraft with lots of fantastic paints all over the world.

I would wish for myself to see paints such as e.g. V-623 Swiss Airforce, HB-FLA Scenic Air, OE-EMD Red Bull, N752AK (seen at EDPW), N908PL (Amph), C-FZLZ (Amph), etc.
But then I don't want to appear too demanding... ;)

Thank you again for your efforts in serving our hobby with such great liveries!

Ernst

CitMusJoe

Post by CitMusJoe » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:45 pm

Also greetings from the neigbourhood and congratulations to your huge amount of highest level skins for many different aircraft!
Many thanks for sharing with us!

Josef, LOWS
Last edited by CitMusJoe on Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flieger-marius

Post by flieger-marius » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:07 am

Thank you two!

I have a couple repaints prepared. So far however, there doesn't seem to be too much demand for them, so I don't know how many requests I will take.

HB-FDU (1)
Download

doodlebug

Post by doodlebug » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:51 pm

these look great - if anyone has a nice screen shot, please post it in the screenshot arena and I'll share on social media.

thanks

flieger-marius

Post by flieger-marius » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:58 pm

I do have some but my sim doesn't look that nice, so I second Oisin.

updraft45

Post by updraft45 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi Marius

HB-FDU just in time for our today's Swiss National Day August 1st!

Thank you very much!

Ernst

CitMusJoe

Post by CitMusJoe » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:19 pm

updraft45 wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:49 pm
Hi Marius

This is really great news!

I do admire all your amazing repaints across a wide range of products and read about your Pilatus Porter plans.
Downloaded your 3G-EG Austrian paint. Real Great!

The PC-6 is an aircraft with lots of fantastic paints all over the world.

I would wish for myself to see paints such as e.g. V-623 Swiss Airforce, HB-FLA Scenic Air, OE-EMD Red Bull, N752AK (seen at EDPW), N908PL (Amph), C-FZLZ (Amph), etc.
But then I don't want to appear too demanding... ;)

Thank you again for your efforts in serving our hobby with such great liveries!

Ernst
As I have only to go 3 car-minutes to RedBull (Hangar 7 - there the PC-6 is parked) I asked for the license of using their Logo for a repaint and for an appropriate PSD-file. The Flying Bulls staff have been rather interested, but always within stress, so the date has been delayed 4 times. Then I gave up. So I have not got any license to use their Logo. :-(

updraft45

Post by updraft45 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:20 am

Hi Josef

Uhh, I was not aware of any such licensing aspect...

On the other hand there are a number of repaints available with Red Bull logos.
Milviz themselves offer a freeware P-38 with Red Bull finish.

Perhaps Milviz could give support to handle this question?

The Red Bull Porter version would be real showpiece!

Ernst

CitMusJoe

Post by CitMusJoe » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:13 am

updraft45 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:20 am
Hi Josef

Uhh, I was not aware of any such licensing aspect...

On the other hand there are a number of repaints available with Red Bull logos.
Milviz themselves offer a freeware P-38 with Red Bull finish.

Perhaps Milviz could give support to handle this question?

The Red Bull Porter version would be real showpiece!

Ernst
Hi Ernst,
this point of view is only my personal opinion. I_always_ respect anyone else's rights _very careful_ ! Here in Austria the legal situation is like I already described. 10 to 20 years ago the situation was another one. Less piracy etc. That's the result of some kind of bad men - don't mix it up with Batman <grin> - that we get 'reminded'/enforced to respect other people's (brain)work.

I'm also aware of the fact that 99% of all repainters don't take care in this. I, by myself, just place a request and in most cases they allow me to use their logo. In my case it's some kind of politeness and respect I actually live. I also guess that in 99% of all repaints the pertaining companies/copyright holders don't care about this, but there are some that do: e.g.: WWF.

I also want to state that it's not within my/our competencies or interest to check who has a license and who not, this is court's business as I assume.
Final word: I hope repainting doesn't get criminalized too much in future. So if someone doesn't earn money with someone else's work (Logo) or hurt his rights or interests in any bad habit or action, it's inside the margin where I personally think it's still OK.

Finally - I guess - Milviz can only tell us how that gets handled in their country, but not in all other countries of the world.

These are just some thoughts *I* have re. this sensible issue. So I don't like to constat any further on this forum, because it's simply not the right place to do and I have to respect the forum interests too. I hope this is OK for all readers.

Ernst, and you are right in saying "The Red Bull Porter version would be real showpiece!". So have a look at her by visiting
https://www.flyingbulls.at/en/fleet/pilatus-porter-pc-6

Enjoy the available repaints and flying sophisticated planes

updraft45

Post by updraft45 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi Josef

I totally agree with your point of view and your handling of these critical legal points.

As you are mentioning it yourself: since a logo or brand is used in a non-profit leisure product there shouldn't arise any legal problems.
E.g. from Red Bull's point of view: isn't the use of their logo sort of free and positive Red Bull publicity?

On 17.8. Red Bull with is present with their Flying Bulls Acrobatic Team and their Bo105-show on the Zigermeet airshow on my former homebase LSMF Mollis, an airbase in a narrow valley with mountains rising >2000m.
https://www.zigermeet.ch/
Will be fascinating!

Best regards from Switzerland
Ernst

CitMusJoe

Post by CitMusJoe » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:52 pm

updraft45 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:30 pm
Hi Josef

I totally agree with your point of view and your handling of these critical legal points.

As you are mentioning it yourself: since a logo or brand is used in a non-profit leisure product there shouldn't arise any legal problems.
E.g. from Red Bull's point of view: isn't the use of their logo sort of free and positive Red Bull publicity?

On 17.8. Red Bull with is present with their Flying Bulls Acrobatic Team and their Bo105-show on the Zigermeet airshow on my former homebase LSMF Mollis, an airbase in a narrow valley with mountains rising >2000m.
https://www.zigermeet.ch/
Will be fascinating!

Best regards from Switzerland
Ernst
Red Bull, respectively The Flying Bulls staff, really don't have the time as I already stated earlier. They have nearly each weekend another event to manage. Thx for your interesting infos. Now we see the reason for pilots in the alps to additionally hold the obligatory 'alpine aviation license'. It's really an extra challenge to fly in the alps with it's tricky wind conditions etc. etc. isn't it?
BTW many thanks for the zigermeet link, Ernst.

flieger-marius

Post by flieger-marius » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 am

D-FEJE
Download

CitMusJoe

Post by CitMusJoe » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:25 am

Thx for the additional repaint, Marius. :D

_______
Josef

gregmorin

Post by gregmorin » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Great looking repaints!

If you would be willing to do a US registration N699SA is a great looking PC-6. Here is a link to a photo.

https://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitle ... suJQ%3D%3D

Greg

Return to “PC-6 repaints”