Condition Lever
Throttle Lever

Mouse-wheel up DECREASES value
Altimeters
Course Selector
Heading Selector
CDI OBS Selector
Propeller Lever

How hard is it and how long does it take to make up your mind for one direction?

And then I read things like this in the changelog for the latest installer 1.3.0.0:
  • Prop blurry motion disc fixed (now shows 4 blades)
  • Wheels rubber texture improved

You should really reconsider your list of priorities...

Flyfox
Re: It is shameful how Milviz listens to her customers' bug reports

Post by Flyfox » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:03 pm

This was discussed here already: viewtopic.php?f=211&t=10769
But Milviz seems to cling to an impossible new flight sim standard ...
Please, Milviz team, revert to the many years old standard in the flight sim world.

john-m

Post by john-m » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi,

I'm sorry you're displeased with the scroll interaction in the Porter. While a few items like this were reported in the beta stage, it's possible that they may have gotten overlooked. I'll look through our bug tracking system to see if I can find a report about this issue in there. If not, I'll submit a report for the team to address as and when they see fit.

Additionally, the changes in the most recent update weren't as insubstantial as you made it out to be. There were a few other issues resolved as well, such as the wing dihedral and gear tire angle in flight, many of which were reported by users like yourself. We do listen, even though you may not think we do sometimes.

Anyways, I'm sorry again that you're frustrated with the Porter at the moment. I'll look into seeing if this has been reported yet.

All the best,

-John

john-m

Post by john-m » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:28 pm

Just to follow up, I've added the issue to our bug tracker. I don't have a timeline for when it'll be fixed, but the team is now aware of it.

-John

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:15 pm

The direction the scroll wheel turns is intimately tied to drag functions and the orientation of the knob lever or switch , the development team chose the functions and the rotations on a per control basis , you might not agree with our decisions in every case but there was consideration given to every control , its no accident, these were done for a reason.

Best Regards

CJ

Raller

Post by Raller » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks for the quick responses and the commitment that the solution to the problem will be worked out.

This special problem whit the mousewheel was already reported in the beta phase. If there are different turn directions on one instrument with two knobs (HSI), then i ask myself - who is programming and testing this and finding it ok!

Sorry that I have become a bit rough. Milviz build such beautiful airplanes and helicopters with great potential that it makes me angry when so many careless mistakes are made. After I bought and installed the PC-6, I found so many small and big issues in the first hour before I even flew. And all the enthusiastic users took the time to isolate the problems and then report them. And now it takes month after month to fix at least the worst.

It would certainly help if the changelog were a bit more detailed and the really significant bug fixes are highlighted like "strobes are working now like expected or waterruder is now functioning in all models or cws is working correctly now or nav-light now beautifully illuminates the wing underside", rather then "wheels rubber texture improved". This can be done under the listing point "minor bugfixes or minor improvements" ( ;) i know there are a few really significant improvements in 1.3.0.0).

So please stay tuned and make it an above-average Milviz aircraft I would very much like to recommend...

Best regards
Raller

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:13 pm

Raller wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:37 pm
Just to name one of the many open bugs reported here in this forum:
Hi,

Many of the bugs you report are not bugs but your personal interpretation of what you'd prefer some controls should work, which is clearly not the same.
Let's take some examples.
Mouse-wheel up DECREASES value
Altimeters
Course Selector
Heading Selector
CDI OBS Selector
In those control, technically speaking, there is NO DECREASE or INCREASE value because they work in a loop (0 to 360 and 0 again).
The proper definition for those rotations are CLOCKWISE-COUNTERCLOCKWISE.
And all of them work consistently, wheel down CLOCKWISE - wheel up - COUNTERCLOCKWISE.
In the Altimeter, what leads is the needle, not the baro reading.
Mouse-wheel up INCREASES value
Autopilot
ADF
Weather Radar
Attitude Calibration
Instrument Ligth Dim Knob
Here we follow the recommended logic = wheel up increases value and wheel down decreases. Nothing wrong about this.

Regarding engine control levers, they are programmed to be controlled by 1) Joystick 2) Keyboaed keys 3) Mouse DRAG movements.
Wheel movement is a secondary, implicit P3D option that sometimes doesn't work as should be and therefore not recommended.

I guess you might be aware that original release of the Porter came with only minor bugs in aircraft systems. And in the following release those were fixed, being up to date what we could call a systems' bug-free aircraft.

It is true, though, that a bunch of texture/lighting issues were still pending, however as has been stated before on this thread, some importants like the main gear tires angle in flight have been improved/fixed, so I would say balance should be positive.

Tomas

Raller

Post by Raller » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:05 am

Taguilo wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:13 pm
In those control, technically speaking, there is NO DECREASE or INCREASE value because they work in a loop (0 to 360 and 0 again).
The proper definition for those rotations are CLOCKWISE-COUNTERCLOCKWISE.
And all of them work consistently, wheel down CLOCKWISE - wheel up - COUNTERCLOCKWISE.
In the Altimeter, what leads is the needle, not the baro reading.
But you still know exactly what I mean, right? (English is not my mother language, if you speak german i will explain it to you a way you will get it :oops: ) Please, don't make it that complicated.

Take another airplane, for example A2A. All of the rotary knobs (and i mean ALL) are working the same way. Turning the mousewheel up and the rotary knob is turning clockwise. And btw, you are wrong, turning the altimeter knob clockwise causes the baro-value to increase (and that is leading)!

Once again, if I turn the mouse wheel up, half of your rotary knobs are turning clockwise and the other half are turning counterclockwise. I guess many of the users have noticed that immediately. Try to turn the knobs by yourself and you will notice it (e.g. on the HSI).

And please, don't try to find a technical explanation for this inconsistent behavior, this is not the first airplane i am flying in the simulator. Just make up your mind and choose one direction of rotation for all knobs and inform your programmers that this is the new standard. And then you should keep that in all of your airplanes.

PS: In which direction would you intuitively turn the volume control on the radio, if you want to pump up the volume?
That's the answer...

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:54 am

I'm so sorry that the "inconsistencies" you describe have made you become so upset.

On the other hand, I'm pretty happy that you are upset because of that and not because of aircraft performance, which I care the most.

As I stated before, what you described are not bugs by any means, only personal preferences.

Indeed we hear our testers and users' opinions; in fact we did some changes in a bunch of knobs and tried to normalize as much as possible; still I am afraid we cannot please everyone's preferences.

I am closing this topic as it won't make any sense to continue circling on same subject.

Regards,

Tomas

Return to “Pilatus PC-6 Support Forum”