milviz.com

MilViz.com's Forum is your only stop for topics relating to world-class digital models and animations.
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:35 pm 

When I select the 310R and it appears on the screen it has a very loud equipment like noise. This noise continues when I select "fly now". It is a loud "Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr", like the noise of a nearby piece of equipment or ???. Also, there is a frequent "Whomp" or "Wishh", which I associate with a plane not properly adjusted to the tamarack level. I am getting no suggestions from Milviz on possible solutions, and hope somebody here might have a suggested solution. The sound is very loud, and turning off every switch in the plane has no effect. I do not have this issue with any other of the many planes that I fly. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:30 am 
Site Admin

it's funny... you say that you are not getting any suggestions from Milviz on possible solutions, but I have yet to find you asking the question... other than just now.

Anyway. the wish and whomp noises are the pressure fans on the doors. This is normal.

The loud "errrrrrrrrrr" i have no idea. I would possibly suggest that you reinstall the bird.

Perhaps Bill has an idea... Bill?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:37 pm 

I think that I have identified the source of the loud sound to be from the Master Off switch. The very loud errrrrrrrr sound stops when I click this switch off.
The noise begins the moment I select the C310 on the Free Flight page, and continues just as loud as the plane loads and appears on the runway in VC mode. When I switch to external view of the plane, the same loud sound is present. I can only make it go away when I switch back to VC cockpit view, and go to the "Master Off" switch, and click it off.

When I switch it back on, and go through the regular start up sequence, all is OK, except that that I can still hear the growling errrr in the background, even in flight.

I have downloaded the C310 file 3 times from Flight Sim Pilot Shop, and uninstalled and reinstalled the file with the same issue being a problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a remedy for this? The situation does not seem normal. Can I reduce the sound level (without turning down the volume on everything else too)? Or delete the sound file so that the battery still works, but I do not hear the loud sound? Or is the downloaded file corrupted?

I also have the Milviz Beech Baron, and it works perfectly (= fabulous airplane).
Thank You, Charles

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:45 pm 

check number 6

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=642

Milviz R&D Lab dev/Resident PITA Perfectionist.

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:10 pm 

For the sake of complete information, that is indeed the gyro spin up and running sounds as well as the avionics cooling fan you hear.

There are six sound files used, located in the ..\FSX\Sound\MilViz folder. They are:
SND10 Master Battery On
SND11 Master Battery Loop
SND12 Master Battery Off
SND13 Avionics On
SND14 Avionics Loop
SND15 Avionics Off

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Pro