Reality XP GPS blank in the VC

JamesBoka
Reality XP GPS blank in the VC

Post by JamesBoka » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:50 am

I have installed both the GNS-530 and GNS-430 from Reality XP (latest versions). They work great in other aircraft, but in the DHC-3T they appear blank in the virtual cockpit. I can popup the panel(s) and see them working just fine, but they are just black screens in the VC. I have properly installed them using both the MilViz Addon Management System and the Reality XP drop down in P3D to configure the aircraft.

Can anyone provide a clue as to how I can fix this.

Thank you.

On another side note, the limited version WX Advantage Weather Radar works great in the DHC-3T Virtual Cockpit. I also own the full WX Advantage Radar package, but when I install it my P3Dv4.3 crashes the moment I load an aircraft which has the full package WX Radar installed. Someone at Milviz should educate the REX folks on how to get the full package WX Radar working. I bought it in June and it has NEVER worked, so I have removed it. Every update REX releases crashes my otherwise beautiful, flawless P3D installation, which never crashes otherwise.

JamesBoka
Re: Reality XP GPS blank in the VC

Post by JamesBoka » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:39 pm

OK,
I went in and reverted back to the default GPS in the DHC-3T and then added the Reality XP. All of this was done only via the RXP "Setup Aircraft" in the Add-ons drop-down menu within P3D and this time the GNS 430 & 530 displays appear in the Virtual Cockpit. They are no longer blank all the time.

Now my only problem is none of the RXP GNS 430 or 530 buttons or dials works in the VC. These buttons and dials work fine in many other aircraft I use them in. The buttons/dials work on the 2D popup panels.

I also cannot bring up the RXP 430/530 2D panels by clicking on them in the VC, which is never a problem with other aircraft I use them in.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jim

JamesBoka

Post by JamesBoka » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:58 am

Now I have repeated the process of removing the RXP GNS430/530 and restoring the default, and then adding it back to the DHC-3T and now both the GNS430 and GNS530 display in the VC, but this time the GNS530 buttons work in the VC, but not the GNS-430. Both of them work in the 2D popup.

I repeated this a few times and end up with the same result.

I've not had any issue with any other aircraft using the RXP GPS units. It's becoming a little maddening.

JamesBoka

Post by JamesBoka » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:44 am

WORKING NOW!!!!

I simply repeated the steps over and over until it finally ALL worked. I did the same thing each time and have no idea why it worked when it did not work before..

Now I can fly and relax a bit. This stuff is sometimes more work than I bargained for, but it's in the end worth it.

Cheers,

mugc

Post by mugc » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:21 am

Hi Jim - sorry for tacking onto an older thread - but having the same issue that you had - and no matter how many times I add and remove - just can not get the controls working in the cockpit - only on the popups - would you mind sharing your panel.cfg?

Thanks - James

JamesBoka

Post by JamesBoka » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:59 pm

mugc wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:21 am
Hi Jim - sorry for tacking onto an older thread - but having the same issue that you had - and no matter how many times I add and remove - just can not get the controls working in the cockpit - only on the popups - would you mind sharing your panel.cfg?

Thanks - James
I will try to get it to you when mine starts working again. I've been flying many aircraft with the RXP GNS 530/430 without issues, but I just came back to fly the DHC-3T and the VC is blank for the RXP GPS's. I've flown a few times using various DHC-3T aircraft and no luck. I just came back here to see what I did last time.

UPDATE:
Attached is a .ZIP of the files that make mine work for all DHC-3T aircraft.
Place it in \SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-3 Turbine Otter Milviz and unzip there. Backup yours first to be safe.

Cheers,
DHC-3 Turbine Otter Milviz 2 WORKING RXP GPS.zip
(37.49 MiB) Downloaded 22 times

Return to “DHC-3T Turbo Otter Support Forum”