T310 and? Please don’t ignore this[Answered]

Come here to post any comments about any of our projects or to just to chat!
No support requests please.
NeilG
T310 and? Please don’t ignore this[Answered]

Post by NeilG » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:16 am

Hello all

Carenado must be laughing all the way to the bank at the moment standing almost completely unopposed in MSFS 2020. I am absolutely dumbstruck at the way that developers are not going all out to get aircraft models in the MS marketplace selection and I’ve been holding off purchasing the only twin in their for hope of the T310 coming online any day and ??? Is it because COVID has been disrupting things? I keep imagining what the KA would be like in there, the phantoms and the F1000, but damn these arn’t really all out for P3Dv5 and that platform (apart from its skies), is beginning to look like an antique by comparison to MS offering, even XP excels further when it comes to the flight model. I might be upsetting you for saying this and I’m sorry for that, I’m not setting out to do that, but I am only saying it because I have been such a fan of Milviz over many years now and have virtually every model (no pun intended), and I have loved them for their look, complexity and flight model. I have other favourites like A2A and I’m equally perplexed at how long it is taking them to get to MSFS but at least their almost fully converted to P3Dv5. VRS just get exasperated and occasionally rude when you ask them what is going on with Tacpac let alone Suoerbug and I’m one who has preordered the Rhino and seem to waiting for that into the dim and distant future. PMDG have at least offered a detailed explanation and they always take eons anyway and the honourable exception to all this (maybe) is Aerosoft with the CRJ - of course that is not there yet. So, rant over, please don’t say ‘it will be ready when it’s ready’, because that is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and serves merely to create exasperation . Please guys, just tell us in some kind of detail, what’s going on?
Yours, on your side
Neil.

JonathanBleeker
Re: T310 and? Please don’t ignore this

Post by JonathanBleeker » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:46 pm

Quite simple. The MSFS SDK is simply nowhere near stable enough to devote our time or effort to actually bringing anything out for it. Same reason PMDG is not ready. And military aircraft with afterburners are not likely to appear in MSFS.

NeilG

Post by NeilG » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:51 pm

Thank you Jonathan, thats the sort of thing I was looking to know.. I dont really understand how these things work but I have read hints that there may be ways around this??. I dont know if thats true or not so can you say whether it might at all be poss. Also, I BETA tested MSFS and one of my co testors asked about military jets and Im sure the answer was in the affirmative, but even if that is true do you still believe that the SDK will not allow for afterburners? Im really interested in trying to understand. Thank youi. Neil

ScruffyTheMongoose
Re: T310 and? Please don’t ignore this[Answered]

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:43 am

Though afterburners may well be allowed, weapons of any kind will not be.

NeilG

Post by NeilG » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:21 am

I ve just posted about it on MSFS and they are blamiming you ~(and the others) for just not being innovating enough. Personally I am just interested to know what might be possible. I do think myself that if enough people wanted an SDK with that facility, they are in business, it wold be foolish to think that they wont respond.

I dont wish to be antagonistic but nione of this has explained why yoiu havent done more to move over to P3Dv5, is it because of cost of upgrading? If it is, I know many of us made a fuss about paying more for upgrades at first but I , for one, got to thinking afterwards and I think that if you have to, you have to, and if it is not about paying for the thing again I would pay for an upgrade. I dont think it is unreasonable at all now actually. Ask the question on the forums and I think you might be surprised at how many of us would be willing to pay for upgrades afterall.
Thank you.
Neil.

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:11 pm

Not about innovation. There are legal binds being placed on us.

As for v5, we are indeed working on moving over to v5. The KA is already there. Our commercial military birds are already there. The T-38A ADV Redux is as well. The only reason I haven't done more on our other non commercial military birds is because of priorities, namely I am too tied up with DoD work to focus anywhere else.

NeilG

Post by NeilG » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:51 pm

Ok Jonathan, thank you for speaking to me. Please keep us regularly posted.thank you. Neil

Return to “General Product Forum (completed projects)”