Scraping left wingtip on landing

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Corsair pilots!
(No support requests please)
miatamani
Scraping left wingtip on landing

Post by miatamani » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:29 am

Hello Gentlemen,
I'm a newcomer to the forum. Loving the Corsair, but she's not loving me back. At least after touchdown she's not. Rolls hard LEFT after the mains touch the tarmac. Rudder doesn't seem to work to right her, only after she sheds speed does she right herself. I am able to grease her in around 80-85 MPH and touch down clean with the main gear- these are not "sloppy" landings on my part. But I scrape my left wingtip nearly every time I land.
Any suggestions ?
Chris

rafaelpolit
Re: Scraping left wingtip on landing

Post by rafaelpolit » Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:51 pm

There is this other thread discussing the same thing:
http://milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=248&t=13740

I also brought this up in discord... and then attempted about 30 landings in a row. If you align correctly for landing and do a good approach, this is mostly under control. If you are still fidgeting with wing level and runway orienting the plane, yeah, you are bound to hit the left wing on the ground.

I'm going to try keeping "happy feet" when landing so that I can react faster to these movements before they become out of control and I have to yank on the rudder and/or brakes.

miatamani
Re: Scraping left wingtip on landing

Post by miatamani » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:53 pm

Thank you very much for responding and the link. I continue to struggle, but if I can tame the Big Radials P-40 I can tame the Corsair as well. It will just take time and practice.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair General Forum”