Elevator Trim AXIS Direction assignment is reversed - MSFS SU5 v1.2.0

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Corsair pilots!
(No support requests please)
flyingscool
Elevator Trim AXIS Direction assignment is reversed - MSFS SU5 v1.2.0

Post by flyingscool » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:19 am

Not the elevator trim itself, the Axis assignment.

In MSFS I set my throttle axis on my Logitech Extreme3D Pro to the Elevator Trim Axis -100% - +100% control to control the Elevator trim.

For the Milviz FG-1D (and Just Flight Cherokees and Big Radial Nieuport, but those are not your problem), I have to reverse the axis to get it to react in the correct direction (wheel forward nose down, wheel backward nose up). For the Default C152 and C172 (and Flying Iron Spitfire), I do not have to reverse the action of the axis.

Assuming the default aircraft have the correct action, can you please fix this issue? It's a pain in the butt to have to go into my control settings to change it every time I change my aircraft.

I'm using the v1.2.0 8/12 version from MV_FG-1D_v1.2.0_210812.exe install program I downloaded from the update notification email. (The manifest says 1.1.0, but, everywhere else it says 1.2.0 (install program, Apps and Features)). I uninstalled the previous version before I installed this version.

This was not an issue prior to SU5.

Thanks,

Tom

Slayer
Re: Elevator Trim AXIS Direction assignment is reversed - MSFS SU5 v1.2.0

Post by Slayer » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:08 pm

I will ask testers to check on our end to see if it is hardware specific or something that SU5 broke. Please be patient while we investigate, Thanks for the feedback.

flyingscool

Post by flyingscool » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:12 pm

No problem. Thanks for checking it out. I just wanted to report it. The issue does not in any way make the plane unflyable. It's only a small annoyance (I just need to keep my list of which plane is which next to me, haha, so I'm not surprised on takeoff).

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:01 pm

From one of our developers:
"I think you're correct - it's one of the SU5 'things. Without looking at it deeper, the reason why it's working on the default aircraft differently than ours is because the default aircraft are using a built-in interaction template to define trim behavior, whereas our trim wheel is controlled through wasm code. This also likely explains why it's happening on the JF aircraft as well - it's also primarily written in wasm. (I can't speak for the other aircraft mentioned.)

Assigning a regular non-wheel axis to a trim seems to be potentially frustrating- bump a lever, aircraft goes wild..."

For now until it gets sorted I wouldn't map a trim to that axis , maybe use a hat switch instead or unmap it and use the wheel in the VC.

flyingscool

Post by flyingscool » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:03 am

It works fine, and wayyy better than trying to use buttons to trim. It's just reversed is all from normal operation since SU5.
You don't have to fix it if you don't want, but, it would be nice. In the meantime, when I fly the Corsair, I just go in and click the "reverse axis" check box.

Return to “FG-1D Corsair General Forum”