Getting WX radar to work [resolved]

JonathanBleeker
Re: Getting WX radar to work

Post by JonathanBleeker » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Can I see a screenshot of the popup? You can do that by pressing Print Screen on your keyboard, then opening an image editor and pressing Ctrl V to paste. Save as a png and post here.

Rudyjo

Post by Rudyjo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Jonathan
I may have the problem fixed.
I went through the Beaver support forum and it was mentioned that you must have MS visual 2015 (x86) installed.
I knew I had 2015 installed, but checked my programs under the control panel. What I had was (x64).
I downloaded the (x86) file from the MS Download Center and installed it. It took almost 5 minuets to install.
When I started FSX, I got the message "MV_WX.dll incompatible with this simulator".
I started up a flight with the Beaver anyway, and I can now click the knobs on both the panel and pop-up radars.
It now turns on and displays colors, I'll go through the manual and try it, hopefully it works although I was told it wouldn't work.
Is the (x86) for a sim other than FSX?
Thanks for all your help.

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:03 am

They are essentially the same. The difference is that the x86 version is for 32bit modules, whereas the x64 version is for 64bit modules. FSX is a 32bit simulation, so uses 32bit modules. That's why the x86 version is required.

As a general rule, if you have a 64bit operating system, then when installing the various Visual Studio runtimes you should install both x86 and x64 versions at the same time. ;)

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:41 am

Regarding your incompatible error, what version of FSX are you running? Steam, Acceleration, or SP2?

Rudyjo

Post by Rudyjo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:31 pm

I am using FSX with acceleration.
I went back to trying out the WX radar, I set the weather to rainy, turned on the radar to TEST and got the test pattern with the colors showing. When I switch to WX, there is nothing but the circles and radar lines. I then tried the pop up radar and it works as it should, the colored rain patterns show what rain is ahead.
I did get the notice "MV_WX.dll incompatible with this simulator", I clicked "OK" and the flight starts.
After seeing the radar working on the pop-up, I bought the WX Radar from REX, installed it, put it into another plane and it works fine, without the notice that it is incompatible with this simulator.
So the radar works in any other plane and in the Beaver pop-up, but not the panel .
Going through the beaver support forum, it looks like there are different versions of "WV_WX.dll" Could there be one version working the pop-up and the WX I just got from REX, and another version trying to work the WX in the panel that is incompatible with FSX / acceleration?

Rudyjo

Post by Rudyjo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:23 pm

Jonathan
I checked my "Gauges" file that list all the various gauges installed in FSX, the file MV_WX.dll shows version 1.11.0.38
I then went to Sim objects, airplanes, milviz Beaver, and then panel. MV_WX.dll shows version 1.25.38
So there are two different versions installed within FSX. I assume that one is the correct version that is working the REX WX I just bought and the pop-up in the beaver. The other one is giving the
"MV_WX.dll incompatible with this simulator" message and causing the in-panel WX model to not work.
If this is possible, what would be the correct way to get both the panel and pop-up to work correctly?
Thank you

JonathanBleeker

Post by JonathanBleeker » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:30 am

It seems that when you installed the beaver, you ended up choosing the P3D v2.5 WX. Copy the one from your gauges folder to your panel folder or delete the one in your panel folder.

Rudyjo

Post by Rudyjo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:08 am

Jonathon
Thank you, it works!
I deleted the WV_WX.dll from the panel and copied the one from gauges into the panel.
Both the panel and pop-up WX work and no more message that it is incompatible with the simulator.
Everything also works on the REX radar in other planes.
The manifold gauge now works also.
It looks like picking the wrong version of the radar is something that happens a lot as so many seem to have a problem with it not working properly and also the manifold gauge not working.
Thanks so much for your patience.

wkbclb
Re: Getting WX radar to work [resolved]

Post by wkbclb » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 pm

I also had a similar situation with FSXSE . I have the correct MV C++ 2015 versions installed. So I checked the Fsx gauge file and found there was not a MV_WX. dll present. I copied the the MV_WX.dll file from the DHC 2 Beaver main panel file and copied it to the Fsx gauge file. Now the pop up weather radar works in the Beaver. Just thought I'd pass this's information along.

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”