Latest installer : MilViz_DHC-2_Beaver_171229

doodlebug
Latest installer : MilViz_DHC-2_Beaver_171229

Post by doodlebug » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:28 pm

MilViz_DHC-2_Beaver_171229_wx.zip

Changelog
Revised WX, Fixes a glitch in some P3D versions where the range lines and text doesn't render.

Algrew
Re: Latest installer : MilViz_DHC-2_Beaver_171229

Post by Algrew » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:03 pm

Appreciate the update, but I believe that there was an intention to include the missing F1 GTN 750 pop-up functionality in the next update? If so, it doesn't appear to have made it into this version. Similarly I find it extremely difficult to get the 'Home' and 'Direct to' click spots/buttons to work reliably (if at all).

[Just to be clear - I would expect to see a 'click spot' in the lower part of the frame of the GTN 750 which when clicked would result in the GTN window 'popping up' (usually in the top right corner of the screen display - although obviously this depends on the 'position=n' panel.cfg setting). With reference to the 'Home' and 'Direct' click spots it can take several attempts to get these to work with the Milviz DHC-2 and yet this functionality works perfectly on my system as currently configured with the F1 GTN in many other aircraft.]

Could you please rectify or advise as appropriate. I have found at least one of your posts which appears to relate to this issue:

viewtopic.php?f=158&t=8633&hilit=gtn+popup

Many thanks...

Richard Portier

Post by Richard Portier » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:55 am

+1
Regards,

Chuck Jodry

Post by Chuck Jodry » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Support for the Shift Key Popup is the type that is our intent to support , adding clickspots for popups wasn't done and having what amounts to dozens of separate configurations makes that option difficult to support from a production standpoint.

Best CJ

Algrew

Post by Algrew » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:17 pm

Thank you for the reply; I guess I should defer to an expert! I am however puzzled by the explanation:

If you implement and rely on a VC (which I am sure is what most users would prefer) then in the absence of a touch screen device, most will of course be operating the GTN using the mouse. As such, it is very natural to want to simply drift left/click on the edge of the frame to bring up the full size window as and when needed. The fact that this functionality is missing (or at least can only be accessed via the keyboard) tends to be reinforced by the fact that it is present (and works) on the Shift Key Popup, i.e. you can use this method to close the GTN window, but not to open it! And I suspect many, like me will be in the habit of using this method on other aircraft. While I can appreciate the complexity of managing multiple configurations, presumably most it not all of the relevant functionality here is implemented in the base model, i.e. the ...\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz folder. Surely all the other variants simply use an alias to reference the complete configs in this folder? That being said, I note that while this functionality does work correctly in your C130R, perhaps that is because that aircraft is effectively only a single variant (whereas in the Huey (2 variants) it doesn't).

Might it be worth reconsidering/having another look at this? Similarly the unreliable 'Home' and 'Direct to' click spots are an irritation. With respect, I think these user interface type issues really matter; if an aircraft proves frustrating and difficult to use, one tends to look to alternative sources of supply.
Would I really be wasting my time by, for example, comparing config files to see if I could sort this out for myself?

Regards AG

N4GIX

Post by N4GIX » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Yes you would. When I set up the GTN750 for the C310R, I added a 'mouse point' to the frame of the GTN to invoke the popup window. It is compiled into the interior model file and not something editable.

Richard Portier

Post by Richard Portier » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:34 pm

Btw, it's seems impossible to have Nav2 and Com2 on the GTN 650 in the 750+650 configuration.

When i change the Com1 or Nav1 on the 750, the 650 changes also with Com1 and Nav1 !

Of course in the GTN config I have GTN750 with Com1/Nav1 and GTN650 with Com2 and Nav2...There is clearly something broken somewhere...

P3Dv4.1 + last GTN "complete" version...

Subsidiary question, has the outside temperature gauge been corrected ? Like I reported it here: viewtopic.php?f=137&t=8279

Thank you and Regards,

Nirgal76

Post by Nirgal76 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:58 pm

In the GTN config, are you sure to have GTN650 "Unit 1" on COM2 and not "UNIT 2" cause in panel.cfg, GTN650 is using unit 1
i don't have the problem with RXP GTN, but i don't see any reason for F1 units to not work properly as GTN config have no links with aircraft and are independant

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver Support Forum”