Event Mapping - And other questions

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other Beaver pilots!
(No support requests please)
Bruce66
Event Mapping - And other questions

Post by Bruce66 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi Folks

I don't think this is a support issue so I am posting here.

I have most everything mapped to my keyboard so I can use the Thrustmaster TARGET program for my flight sims and in the Beaver I have almost all the controls to my liking so far (I have not looked at the Autopilot yet).

The only significant control I cant seem to map is the Wobble Pump. Does it have an assignment already?

I know there is the Event Mapping list of command assignments for advanced users (thus the title of the thread) but I am definitely not advanced yet but more like 'advancing'.

I have seen that the registered version of the FSUIPC 4 programme can be used to make macros to manage these assignments but it is a bit of a steep investment for one Wobble Pump.

Is there another way to convince FSX Steam Edition that MANUAL_FUEL_PRESSURE_PUMP is a valid Event so I can just map it as normal?

Please remember I am a bit new and dim so keep any responses dumbed down to early learner level. ;)

Thanks for any help.

Edit: Is it possible to Edit the ....AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Controls/Standard.XML file to have the MANUAL_FUEL_PRESSURE_PUMP as an event?

Like:

-<Entry>
<Key>(key of my choice)</Key>
<Down>MANUAL_FUEL_PRESSURE_PUMP</Down>
</Entry>

Or would this break something?
Last edited by Bruce66 on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce66
Re: Event Mapping - And other questions

Post by Bruce66 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:39 am

In answer to my own question; I bit the bullet and attempted to modify the Controls as described above and it worked. :D

I can now manually operate the wobble pump with my controller.

Next question is about skis.

They work fine, as in if they are down I can taxi, take off and land on snow and if they are up I get stuck, but from outside view I can not see a difference between up and down - is this animation supposed to be there? In cockpit the lever tells me where they are so not a worry I was just expecting to be able to see it like we can with the water rudder animation on the floats version.

Edit: I read in the manual that there is no aerodynamic difference between up and down but it is not clear to me if there is an external visual difference.

Return to “DHC-2 Beaver General Forum”