Reload saved flight? Ready to fly state [Answered]

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other KA pilots!
(No support requests please)
pm99
Reload saved flight? Ready to fly state [Answered]

Post by pm99 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi,

is it possible to reload a previously saved flight (e.g during cruise) through the P3D menu?

I can’t always complete my flights at once and sometimes the sim crashes, as such this would be an important feature for me.

Regards
Perry
Last edited by pm99 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ScruffyTheMongoose
Re: Reload saved flight?

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:00 am

I don't think this is possible...

pm99
Re: Reload saved flight? Ready to fly state

Post by pm99 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:50 pm

Hmm, that’s what is mentioned in the manual: “...MVAMS, while the ‘Current Conditions’ selection allows for the aircraft to load using a saved or previous flight...”

I also noticed there is no ready to fly state. Interpreting above mentioned sentence, I would assume, that I should either quit the sim with engines running and select current conditions before reloading, or save a flight ready to fly and reload that?

Taguilo

Post by Taguilo » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:29 pm

Hi,

"Current Conditions" loads the aircraft with the current sim state, either when selecting a new flight or restoring a saved one.

Then

1) When selecting a new flight, the aircraft will load with engines running and almost all default systems enabled, similar to what is called "Ready to Fly". Still some custom systems need to be monitored and eventually turned on/off depending on conditions. And of course FMS will come with no FP loaded, pilot must complete the task.

2) When loading a saved flight, aircraft configuration will depend on how the flight was saved. For example, if it was saved with engines running, ready to fly, it will come the same; if it was saved cold and dark, then c&d will be, and so on. Again, some custom systems won't come exactly as they were left on the saved flight, so the pilot will have to monitor/control then. Also the FMS will be clean, no FP present regardless on what was the FMS situation when the flight was saved.

About resuming a saved flight with the aircraft airborne, there are many cons for that. The FMS won't retrieve the FP that was being flown, and some custom systems won't be properly configured. For the moment being flights can only be done safely if starting on the ground.

Tomas

pm99

Post by pm99 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Many thanks Tomas for your detailed reply. I think I can live with that and will get a copy, too. :D

Return to “K.A.350 General Forum”