Question Setting up VFR Flight in the FMC

Find out more before you buy, or chat to other KA pilots!
(No support requests please)
sharpless281
Question Setting up VFR Flight in the FMC

Post by sharpless281 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:33 pm

I do fly VFR so I just want to put in a simple flight plan in the FMC. I took a series of photos my steps were the following

1. I pushed POS Init
2. KSNA was there already as expected, I don't know why the FMS position is all 0, I clicked SET POS TO GNSS to update it
3. Next I pushed FLPN and needed to enter the Origin again, not sure why. I then put in the DEST
4. I press EXEC
5. The legs page just shows the origin airport
6. the MFD shows the plan although I goofed and entered KSAN. I could have fixed it

At this point nothing is on the MFD. So I entered the dest airport on the second line, when I did the legs page change a direct to. Ok there is one way point, the airport so direct to makes sense and I can call more way points. The files attached are a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h in the order I did things.

Questions:
1. how can I reset the FMC if I put in a plan that is just all wrong, it happens. If I power off the FMC, I expected it to reset, it does not. I have to reload the sim but back at cold dark start
2. Is this the way to put in a simple VFR, no SIDS or STARS

BTW, in the future it would be nice to get the panels to be included when the PFD and MFD are moved to other monitors which is what I am doing. The FMC is like that. The work that was done was excellent and others complain about the cost, but it is worth it. I am looking at the Baron now
Attachments
H.jpg
H.jpg (118.41 KiB) Viewed 199 times
G.jpg
G.jpg (98.22 KiB) Viewed 199 times
F.jpg
F.jpg (100.57 KiB) Viewed 199 times
E.jpg
E.jpg (101.08 KiB) Viewed 199 times
D.jpg
D.jpg (108.22 KiB) Viewed 199 times
C.jpg
C.jpg (100.71 KiB) Viewed 199 times
B.jpg
B.jpg (107.32 KiB) Viewed 199 times
A.jpg
A.jpg (100.29 KiB) Viewed 199 times

Raptor
Re: Question Setting up VFR Flight in the FMC

Post by Raptor » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:39 am

You will need at least one waypoint between the airports. Otherwise wont work.

Not sure about your other questions

sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:48 am

Ok thanks. I am use to entering a Origin and dest and the legs page would look like this

KSNA
KSAN

You are right entering a way point does get around it but I am use to seeing in the legs page

KSNA
DANAH
KSAN

not
Direct To
DANAH
KSAN

The other question was when the FMC is turned off, when it comes back on it should start fresh. Sometimes a flight Plan is put in wrong and it is easier to just reset it by turning it off and on. From what I know that is what is suppose to happen

ScruffyTheMongoose

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:53 am

Hi.

First, all support is in the support forums.

Second, there is a new manual that comes with the product. Please read it. Also, great video tutorial on these subjects on our YT channel.

Thanks.

Slayer

Post by Slayer » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:57 am

I believe that is correct behavior in case of a power loss. You can always switch to the sec flight plan without having to reload the sim and put it in there.

Return to “K.A.350 General Forum”