Target locking?

jdarksword
Target locking?

Post by jdarksword » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:17 pm

So I've read through the TP manual a couple of times now and from what I understand the process to radar lock a target is this:
Radar Power Knob- OPR
Range Knob- I have it set to 10 nm
Display Knob- I have set to B Wide
Mode Knob- RDR
On/Erase Button- Depressed
Then for launching an AIM-7
The Above +
Sight Open and set to A/A
C/W- On
Pinky switch set to Radar position.
Now i do all of this with the intent to launch an AIM-7, radar screen is on and Sparrow arm lights are lit. I detect a target (BQM-74 in this case) and move the cursor to half action it, only, when I do so nothing happens. The radar screen does not change to the half action mode and the scan bar just continues to swath back and forth. Is there any reason for this? I don't know what I'm doing wrong and its starting to annoy me. I'm following the tutorial manual and the video as closely as possible and everything works the same up until i try to half action. (also why are there no ability to set a key for half and full action?) Any help would be appreciated.

JonathanBleeker
Re: Target locking?

Post by JonathanBleeker » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:59 pm

screenshot of the weapon system page in your AMS so I can see your assignments please.

Panny
Re: Target locking?

Post by Panny » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:01 am

It may be worth not using tyhe half action and full action controls for the radar.
Instead just use the radar lock button, which will do both half and full action.
Peter

Return to “McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II Support Phorum”